Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm like a cow

Like the cow, sheep, goat, pig and guinea pig I've been domesticated. A part of me bristles at the thought of another trip to Costco, fighting off the hordes of families and their rabid offspring but another part of me smiles at the thought of spending idyllic Sundays going shopping with the family and eating a nice Sunday dinner. 

It's partly nostalgia that makes me look forward to that. My dad traveled a lot for work. Hell, he still is away 3/4 of the month but we always managed to have Sunday dinners together and I really enjoyed those times when it was me, my mom and dad sitting down, laughing it up as my mom made fun of my dad about something and my dad half heartedly defending himself. 

I don't know where I'm going with this post. It's a meandering path through my brain. For those who just want to see pictures....














I got this lighter at Honey Pig in Ktown. Not only does it shoot flames out of its nostrils, it does so out of both nostrils so you get two epic pig flames lighting up the night sky. 














On Saturday I went to this bar in West Hollywood called The Surly Goat. They have approximately 30 beers on tap from across the globe AND 














a stuffed goat. That goat just looks surly. 

Anyways, I don't know where I was going with that post but in any case, lately I've been thinking a lot about the future and my aspirations. Actually, it's more about how to reconcile my goals and aspirations. On one hand I want to be travelling the world, doing business in multiple time zones and expanding upon the international experience I had at ESADE. On the other hand, I know I want a family and some semblance of normalcy for my family. That means not being away for weeks at a time and having time for the family too. I know how hard it is for everyone when one parent is always away. Then again this is kinda at odds with some of my career goals. 

I'm gonna be 30 this year. I know I'm f'n old. Yet, I still haven't quite figured out everything. Pieces are falling together but I'm missing big chunks of the total picture. They say part of growing up is figuring out these important things in life but I haven't figured yet. I don't know if I ever will. But maybe that's the point of life. It's the constant search, adjustment and realization of your dreams and goals. Life is a journey and not a desti.....














'Sup.

No comments:

Post a Comment