Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting punched in the face

Living in NYC is seriously like getting kicked in the face repeatedly. It's just sensory overload all the time. From the ridiculous amounts of people walking around, car horns, fire trucks, police sirens and random bums yelling all over the place it just seems like there's something going on all the time and that's just on my walk to and from work. 

Add in the bars, restaurants and social scene it really is a go-go-go place. I can see why people really enjoy the pace of life here and how they truly feel alive. I spent some time in LA two weekends ago and while I truly enjoyed my relaxing lunch on an outdoor terrace overlooking the Pacific Ocean, I couldn't help but feel like my brain was going to mush from the lack of stimuli. 

Never have I been more aware of the difference between the East Coast and West Coast. I love LA because of its casual, relaxed feel. I love NYC because I feel like I'm part of an extended washing cycle. NYC being the washer and all its inhabitants being the dirty clothes just tumbling around and around. 

I know I'm gonna get tired of NYC and look longingly at those shots of Santa Monica and downtown LA when they show Lakers games. Until then its back in the washer I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment