Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wedding Season

It's wedding season. I'm at an age where weekends from June-September are spent attending weddings. In a 5 week period I'll have attended 3 weddings. One of them my own. Funny I say that I'm attending a wedding because I do feel like I'm just a guest at my own wedding since the SO has basically planned everything and I'm merely an accessory to the whole ordeal. I don't mind being the nice handbag to the real deal. As long as I am a Hermes Birkin

This past weekend was the wedding of one of my long-time friends. I've known the guy since we were in Junior High. I remember him being the lanky blonde kid who would play handball during our lunch break. Now he's a radiologist at UCLA and is marrying another radiologist at UCLA. They make the perfect Aryan nation couple. All blonde, tall and smart. 

It's funny how successful some of my friends have become. We were such nerds growing up. Friday nights were spent playing GoldenEye or going to Rock N' Bowl at PV Bowl. I still remember the stupid stuff we did like lighting fireworks or playing tape on tape and getting scolded by the PVE cops. I still don't think we've truly grown up. Evidenced by a table of friends being scolded for irking another guest due to their obnoxious behavior. 

The wedding was held at La Venta Inn in my hometown of PV.












It's views like this that make me miss living in SoCal and especially PV.












The sun setting. Beautiful orange haze thanks to the smog. Cancer and beauty all rolled in 1!

That's pretty much all the pics I have on my phone because as the night wore on I couldn't be bothered with taking pictures as my main priority was "enjoying" the wedding.

Due to Apocalypto Storm  Hurricane Tropical Storm  rainshower Irene, my flight got cancelled on Sunday. As much as it sucked having to take an extra day off to fly back on Monday, I did enjoy the full weekend in LA instead of my usual 40 hour turnaround. 

With that much time on my hands you know what I had to do.











Appetizer....












Main course. Oh yeah. Love Las Fuentes in the Valley. I am truly going to miss Mexican food while in NYC. I actually go to La Salsa here in NYC because it's the closest thing to Mexican food I can get. Let me present you that comparison pictorially.


















Mila Kunis = La Salsa. Very good and you know what you're gonna get. Can surprise you sometimes with something really good. Started off kinda boring but is growing to be a very good alternative. Especially when talking about Mila Kunis, it's quite the transformation she had from That 70's Show


















 to now. It's like she told her plastic surgeon "Make me look like Angelina Jolie". And for the female readers, I admire the same transformation with Joseph Gordon Levitt. No pictures of him. You'll have to look that up.

Speaking of Angelina Jolie..


















Angelina Jolie = Las Fuentes. The real deal. Lot of imitators but still leaves the young upstarts in the dust. Kinda crazy with all the kids running around*

*applies to both AJ and Las Fuentes.

Anyways, I have this weird thing where I have to eat at the airport or on the plane. Virgin America had a nice breakfast box so I bought it to find this Chernobyl fork.


















I don't know what happened to it but it was incredibly hard to stab fruit with a dulled edge like that. It's like it was sheathed for protection.

Well, we are now down to 16 days till the Big Event. Nervous, random postings to ensue. Am I ready? Is this it? WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!!!

I need that stupid squirrel looking shocked video again.

No comments:

Post a Comment