Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's cold weather season

Winter is upon us here in NYC and with the onset of the cold weather I decided to add another staple of cold weather gear; the tried and true leather boot. 

I've been researching various boots on and off for the past couple of months. Similar to a suburban mom trying to figure out which off-road capable SUV to drive, I reviewed a number of boots that offered unnecessary protection from the elements that I would never encounter in the urban jungle of Manhattan. 

After much searching I decided upon the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot. Styled after the original 1914 Wolverine boot.
"Recognized for its long-standing dedication to comfort, durability, and style, Wolverine is debuting a one-of-a-kind collection of boots and shoes inspired by its own classic designs.
The cornerstone of the new collection, the 1,000 Mile Boot is crafted with the same attention to detail found in the original 1,000 Mile shoe that was first developed in 1914. Wolverine designers worked meticulously to replicate the original aesthetic of that first boot created so many years ago. Made in America, the boot features soft, supple leathers in weathered tones, a
stacked leather midsole and outsole and classic welt construction."
After 3 days of waiting I got a wonderful package from Nordstrom's.

Such a pretty box. Even the box was crafted in meticulous fashion. 

Gotta keep 'em clean you know what I mean. 














Fresh out of the box. I got rust colored because nothing says manly like rust. Steel. Tough. Made in USA. It's like a Dodge Ram commercial.

Profile shot. The laces kinda remind me of some nice flat udon noodles. Maybe I'm hungry. 

Some may contend that a leather sole is completely counterproductive for an outdoor boot. It's quite slippery in wet conditions and doesn't have great traction. It is. So not all things true to form from 1914 is good. I'm sure Belgium would agree to that assessment as well. 

What it looks like on my feet. The boots are superb. They fit like a glove and look amazing. They are rugged, manly boots perfect for a rugged, manly Japanese man. Maybe it's time to go do some outdoors-y stuff. Nah. I'd rather just look like I do outdoors-y stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment