Thursday, March 11, 2010

Field Trip

Term 2 final exams are next week. Studying blows so how about another post about our field trip last Saturday. After having done a strategy case study on Robert Mondavi wines, our Strategy professor decided that it was vital for his students to see Spain's greatest export not named Penelope Cruz.


















...wine. Another pictorial tour? Why, I thought you'd never ask.














We roll in style at ESADE. Coach bus with the latest in design, technology and safety minus the beheadings.

Ready to submerge yourself in a world....


















wait....didn't I already use that joke? Yeah. Turns out our field trip was to the same place I went last Saturday. I debated whether or not to go but I figured my Strategy professor might pull something crazy. That guy has gotten some cool surprise guest speakers for us so I held out on the off chance he wrangled the Freixenet CEO or something. He did get the CEO of Vueling, CEO of Kellog's-Spain, Director of International Business of Starbucks so you never know. That guy is like the Entourage of ESADE. Guest appearances all over the place. 














It's the soil of the cava industry. Soil-soul. Get it? I hate having to explain jokes, yet I still do it. 














When I went two weeks ago all I got was a glass of cava. This time around we got a full spread and 2 glasses of cava. I love strategery. 


















The pink cava. Surprisingly masculine. So this tour was a bit different but we didn't get a surprise visit by a CEO. Won't complain though. The whole thing was free and it forced me to get up early on Saturday instead of sleeping in. 














The combination of empty stomach and cava led to an impromptu karaoke session on the bus ride back. It was represent your own country karaoke so we had to sing a song from our respective countries. It was like American Idol but like the first couple of episodes of American Idol. 



Just kidding. Everyone was great. I blame the bad acoustics of the bus.

So I'm not sure how often I'll be posting from now till next Friday. Probably not very much but I'll try to throw in some quick posts here and there. After next week the SO arrives and then its spring break Barcelona style, meaning I'm getting the hell out of here and off to Nice and Monaco for about 5 days. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment