Saturday, May 8, 2010

I think I should take things more seriously

Well after about a week's worth of preparation, the Strategy presentation went off without a hitch. The topic of the presentation was an analysis and evaluation of the internationalization strategies of CEMEX, a Mexican cement company. In typical me fashion, the presentation ended up including  2 "They cemented their status" jokes, 1 cliche battle between a classmate and I, 1 birthday shout out to my classmate, 1 comment about yellow shading being in used in a graph to represent Asian cement consumption and  at least one "what is this guy doing" look from my Strategy professor. I think I made a mockery of the whole thing. We included the analysis of the strategy, of course, but I figured it's a Friday, people have already suffered through 3 hours of lecture, why not make things interesting. I think I succeeded....in getting my team the lowest grade ever.  


1 comment: