Thursday, January 12, 2012

Musical cues

I'm bored and stuck on a cross country flight to LA. Tis not a bad thing because I'm flying back to celebrate the SO's big birthday milestone and the wedding of one of my closest friend.

After sitting through the rock n sock n robots movie I ended up listening to the wonderful American Airlines R&B channel. What did they have on the playlist? Tevin Campbell.

Man that really brings me back to the early 90s. A wave of memories flooded back while listening to him croon about teenage love.

It's funny how smell and music are so strongly tied to memories. I can still recognize the smell of the cafeteria of my elementary school in Japan. I remember the song that I listened to on repeat on Winamp when I was hopelessly in love with my first crush. Don't worry SO I associate our first dance For Once in my Life by Stevie Wonder with one of the happiest days of my life.

I'm just glad that most of my memories have been positive. Either that or I have a super human ability to block out bad ones.

My life has been amazing. The nostalgia of my past experiences is truly positive because of all the amazing people who have allowed me to call them friend and family. I look forward to everything else that life may throw at me because I know that no matter what I have a wonderful network of awesome people.

I get like this when I'm on planes. Must be the cramped confines and sinus pressure. It's causing my brain to try to fart out positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment