Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bucket List

My bucket list may be a bit different from other men. For one, I don't know many men who has: Attend a fashion show as one of the things he wants to do before he dies. In any case, today I got to knock that off my list. Through work I was able to get a ticket to the Custo Barcelona Fall Collection.

I remember seeing the Custo Barcelona stores while I was still living in Barcelona so I kinda knew the style and design of the clothing. Being that this is a fashion show I figured none of what I would see would be ever sold in retail.

MB has been sponsoring Fashion Week ever since I've been in NYC. Fashion and cars. They go hand in hand?

The new SL. The fun part was watching all the people take their model shots in front of the car. I also saw a guy in a red snuggie thingie with stuffed pandas all over him taking his "model" shot so I use model very loosely.  

The whole thing reminded me of an auto show. It's a fairly good analogy. The clothing at a fashion show is like concept cars. You'll never see them on the road and they're just supposed to look pretty. One's powered by gasoline and the other powered by cocaine and cigarettes. 

They were doing free styling at the Tresseme salon. 

The other main sponsor of Fashion Week. 

Before the start of the show. I never thought I'd be so close to the runway. 

The models walking by. Not to be overly critical but runway models are not very good looking. They are definitely very tall and very skinny but they wouldn't be what you'd call beautiful. The point for these models is to make the clothing look beautiful, which they 100% did.

Blue Steel everywhere. 

My seat was right at the top of the catwalk so I got to see the model stop, do their turn and head back. They didn't pose really and mostly just sulked from one end to the other with a quick turn at the end. 


Strut, strut, turn, strut, strut. I could do that. If only I was about a foot taller, ten pounds slimmer and had higher cheekbones.

The music was cranked to the max. Good thing the whole show was only 10 minutes long. I don't know how much more bass I could take.


I'm really glad that I got to go. So who do I need to pay, sleep with, kiss up to to get a seat in the front row at a Paris show. 



1 comment:

  1. I thought the next blog was supposed to be about macarons?

    ReplyDelete