Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good bye 00s and hello 10s. Part 1

Happy 2010 everyone. Hope everyone is ready for the start of the new decade. By my Back to the Future 2 timeline of events, the 2010s will bring about some cool technologies such as Mr. Fusion, Holofilms, Hoverboards and a flying Delorean. Possibility any of these will come true. Lower than Tiger Woods calling Thanksgiving one of his favorite holidays.

So I've been blog-silent for quite some time because for the past 8 days the SO and I have been traipsing about NYC. Since reading is fundamental but attention span isn't, on to the pictorial summary of my break.



Since the SO arrived on the red eye from LA, we took it easy the first night and watched Up in the Air and had some dessert at Max Brenner-Chocolate by the Bald Man.



The Bald Man sure knows his chocolate. "We" ended up getting a crepe. We as in her. Never get in between dessert and a hungry woman.



I don't even know what we did the next day. I have this picture of the fountain in Central Park but that's about it. I think our minds were too preoccupied with what was ahead for dinner.



Our meat mecca. I've been to countless steakhouses across the US but  Peter Luger Steak House has got to be in my top three. They've been voted best steakhouse in NYC for 26 years in a row now and in a town full of discerning foodies that's a pretty big accomplishment.


Secret paparazzo shot of Shannon Elizabeth who also happened to be there that day along with her Dancing With the Stars boyfriend.

*I've been getting a lot of traffic from followers of Shannon Elizabeth and that dude Derek from DWTS because of this picture. I'm surprised people are interested enough to google/follow her still. Oh well, hello Shannon Elizabeth/DWTS guy fans. Welcome to my blog. Feel free to look around. *



Meat for 2 with a side of steamed veggies. Oh yeah. I can still taste the medium rare steak melting in my mouth. I can also feel the arteries yearning for some Lipitor. So after bread, steak, steamed vegetables, beer and wine how do we top off the meal?



Chocolate Sundae topped with whipped cream and fudge. That's how we roll. And roll we would have to  because walking was a bit of a challenge after that meal.



We decided to walk off at least 100 of the 7500 calories we ate so headed over to Macy's to check out the holiday windows. Advice to anyone visiting NYC over Xmas break: Go see the holiday windows at Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Saks, etc. around 10pm. Guaranteed there will be no one there and you won't have to elbow the little girl in front of you to get a clear view. If you still want to throw some 'bows head to FAO Schwartz around 3pm. Prime 'bow throwing arena.




































I even got to write a letter to Santa. I hope he gets it in time! Everything is a lie except one. Which one do you think it is? Hint: I did not get an A in every subject.














The third day was spent at our favorite NYC museum the American Museum of Natural History. It was just a tad bit crowded. I almost wished that T-Rex would come alive and start wreaking havoc. Except I'd probably be the first one eaten so maybe that's not such a good wish.

Anyways, I was a History Major at UCLA so I love anything related to history. Hell, my dream job is to be an archaeologist/professor a la a certain famous swashbuckling professor who hates Nazis and snakes.


















But alas, my dreams will have to stay on hold as I work my way up the corporate ladder instead of  discovering hidden artifacts in the temple of Amun Ra.



The museum had a special exhibit featuring live butterflies in an enclosed habitat. It's amazing how still they can be right? What those pins aren't special feeding tubes? Surely, you jest.




















The actual enclosed habitat was 80 degrees and at like 90% humidity. It only took me 5 minutes to get sick of the heat and humidity. You'd think that after a week of freezing temperatures I'd appreciate the warmth but apparently my body has already conceded to the cold weather and will not accept warm weather conditions.

Speaking of giving up......

No comments:

Post a Comment