Sunday, August 23, 2009

Domicilio

A handful of pictures of my apartment in Barcelona.
Don't mind the pile of clothes on the couch. I ran out of hangers.They may just stay there for the duration of my stay in this apartment.
As they say on MTV Cribs "This is where the magic happens".
I realize that the coloring of the bedsheets is somewhat questionable. Okay it isn't somewhat questionable, it is very questionable but I figure why drop more money when I'm most likely moving out again in ten months or so.
The dining table, which will be converted into my primary studying area. Easy access to cold beverages, preferably containing alcohol, is a necessity when studying fun subjects such as finance or accounting.
The hallway leading to the bathroom. Now, I completely did not catch this when I was initially checking out the place but I have to go through this hallway to get to my bathroom. It doesn't sound that big of a deal but actually I have a neighbor who lives in a studio apartment. His entrance is the first door on the right. The entrance to the elevator hallway is straight ahead. So, I have to go out of my apartment past his door and then to my bathroom. My guess is that they converted a two bedroom place into one bedroom and a studio. I say this because my apartment has a full kitchen, bedroom and living room and has a door that partitions my apartment with the hallway. Kinda weird. The only downside to this confguration is that it rules out running naked to my bathroom.
I was initially irked that I totally did not realize this was the setup of the apartment but I figured A) I'm only contracted to live here for ten months and B) I really shouldn't whine about anything because I'm living in Europe for two years and C)no one wins when I run around naked.
And finally, my badass key. I felt like I was handed the keys to some treasure chest. I can just imagine a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder swinging this key around yelling "ARGGGHH MATEY"
I have yet to fully explore the neighborhood I live in, Sant Gervasi, but when I do, I'll be posting some more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment