Saturday, August 29, 2009

A taste of home

If there was one thing that I was a bit worried about in moving to Barcelona, it was the potential lack of proper Japanese food. I heard that a lot of "Japanese" restaurants were actually Chinese owned and run. Hate to say it but you can never ever ever call that Japanese food. It's like calling Taco Bell products authentic Mexican food. Anyways, thanks to a Japanese classmate of mine, I was informed of a Japanese supermarket called Tokyo-Ya or 東京屋 for all you Japanese folks out there.
Went there earlier today and well damn, they had pretty much all of the food items I need to keep myself satisfied. The major downside being that it's fairly pricey. I'm not surprised considering the lack of demand compared to places like Los Angeles and New York and the high international shipping costs.

A taste of home. Now I'm fully settled.

Tokyo - Ya
Carrer de Girona 119
08009 Barcelona, Spain
934 393 040


No comments:

Post a Comment