Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home

Join me on my pictorial journey back home and revel in my excitement of heading back to normal sized food and American. No, not America. American. Everything related to America. USA USA USA!!!. Haha jk. I'm not that patriotic. I was the American who joined Canadian thanksgiving. Call me Benedict Arnold. My loyalty lies with any country that feeds me.



Starting the day off with a European breakfast at the airport. These breakfasts are only filling if you have a cigarette to kill the hunger. Would you like some cancer with your croissant? Europe says yes.



The BCN airport is honestly one of the best airports I've been in. They have a full shopping arcade and the building/design is beautiful. Glass windows everywhere. The only person who would not enjoy all the glass would be this guy. Yippee ki-yay.



Today's form of transportation. AA #151.














Notice the blue skies because that's the last you're gonna see of that for the rest of this post.















Okay I lied. This is the last blue sky post.  If memory serves me correctly this was over the French Pyrenees. Don't worry I took this picture once the flight attendant gave the okay for electronic device usage. I question the concerns of these electric devices causing mechanical failure or communication interference. You'd think that if that really was the case some terrorist would load himself up with Ipods and cellphones and just turn them on. Oh great I think I'm now on some FBI watch list.



Snow makes it festive. Snow makes it festive. The more I repeat it the more I believe it. By the way it was 28 degrees when we landed with a forecast of heavy snow for 24 hours.


20 hours of travelling and finally home. Officially relaxation time. 

After spending some time away from my family the weirdness of Duke astounds me. He's a St. Bernard that doesn't enjoy cold weather. He literally fails at being a St. Bernard. I still love him though. I think my mom loves him more than she loves me. Number of times she calls me Duke in a given day: 10. Number of times Duke is called my name: 0.


Quick profile of Duke:
Sex: Male minus certain male parts
Age: 13
Likes: Sleeping, napping and snacking
Dislikes: Metal grates, cold weather, puddles and loud noises.
Interested in: Friends only



I love my parents' refrigerator. Food everywhere. I swear it's like a supermarket in there but it's all free. Well free for me at least. Not free for my parents. I think this is why they are always asking me how long I'm staying with them. 


Wrapping up a long day of travelling, it was nice to sit back and just stare outside. Didn't have to move. Didn't have to think. For two weeks I'm gonna be away from the MBA and I'm gonna make the most of it. When I say make the most of it it really means I'm going to eat a lot. NYC restaurants, cafes, halal carts and pepto bismol suppliers you have been warned.


1 comment:

  1. By the way, I like your map counter. Now that everyone is back home you should be able to get a sense who your beloved audience is comprised of. ;-)

    Merry Christmas from Germany.

    ReplyDelete