Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Upside down and leftside right

Usually..well, more like all the time I'm talking about myself in my blog posts. It's really a way to feed my self-centered nature. But, today, I'm going to talk a bit about my fiancée. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I love her more than anything in this entire world. Don't worry I'll wait for you to stop vomiting before I continue.

Okay. Done?

Anyways, she's not what you'd call a typical girl and I don't always play the typical male role within our relationship. Thus, we have conversations such as the following, which happened earlier today on Blackberry Messenger.

Her: Morning
Me: Morning my love.
Her: 3 more weeks ugh
Me: When are you taking vacation
Her: The 25th
Her: Haha
Her: Yes I made the [fantasy football] playoffs in both leagues
Me: Nice. Still not out of the race yet
Her: Nope but Turner being out is going to hurt me
Me: Oh right. Don't have any good backups?
Her: Picked up a few good guys
Her: Laurence maroney on ne
Me: I have no idea who these people are



Not only is she an active fantasy football player but she's in TWO leagues. We Skype every Sunday so our conversations are intermittently disrupted by her cheering on her players. I'm never quite sure how to approach this. Some people tell me, "Hey that's awesome that your fiancée loves sports" to which I agree but at the same time it is slightly emasculating when your own SO knows more about football than you. Maybe I should pick up something super feminine just to balance things out. I hear Lamaze isn't just for women anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment