Monday, April 18, 2011

I hope my professor understands my humor

We have to write a journal for our leadership class. I figured, why not make it interesting and wrote this journal entry for February 14th, 2011.


February 14, 2011
It is Valentine’s Day and personal leadership examples abound. In a way the qualities of an ideal partner is akin to the qualities of good leader. Well at least to me it does.


Create a vision: What do you want from the relationship? Is it marriage or a long-term relationship?


Clarify big picture: Do you want kids too? Can I be a stay at home dad?


Set strategies: So how are we going to make this happen? Do we have dinner/drinks. Go to Vegas to elope?


Communicate: I’d like to know what is going on instead of just “nothing”


Seek commitment: Pretty self-explanatory


Build teams and coalitions: I want you to become friends with my friends and vice versa.


Inspire and energize: I don’t want a person who is boring and not active. Interests have to align and I have to be energized every time I am with you


Empower subordinates. If we are now married then as the subordinate I’d like some power. Xbox/golf every 3rd Saturday


Satisfy unmet needs: Self explanatory

1 comment:

  1. "Satisfy unmet needs: Self explanatory"

    Holarious...

    ReplyDelete