Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pragueberfest Part 2 of....

Quite the eventful week. It's Sunday night and I've just listened to a Miley Cyrus song and a Carrie Underwood song back to back so now I'm pumped. It's time for some blogging. 

After the chaos that was Oktoberfest Night 1 or Night 1 as I will refer to it, we woke up at a rather decent hour to start a day of sightseeing, shopping and just a bit of afternoon Oktoberfest. A calm and quiet Oktoberfest. An Oktoberfest that didn't involve dancing on benches, heavy heavy drinking and beer splashing everywhere. 














We met up with our two friends to have some traditional German breakfast. The hearty soups and sausage were a perfect complement to everything that was wrong with my body after what transpired during Night 1. 














We spent the first part of the day after breakfast shopping in the Marienplatz area. Some retail therapy to get over the stress. What stress do I have? Good question. Let me get back to you on that one. 














For this afternoon's Oktoberfest venue we chose the Paulaner tent. We actually found a spot at the only table in the back that wasn't a reserved table. The reserved table section in the back and on the sides reminds me of the luxury suites at sports stadiums. You curse them for being such capitalistic pigs, paying for these reserved areas and taking up valuable space. At the same time envy courses through your veins. Maybe it's just me. Self loathing wanna-be capitalistic pig. 

Anyways, I was glad I was surrounded by people my parents age and older. I figured these people wouldn't start dancing, singing and drinking heavily. If you can't see the foreshadowing here I request that you re-take any English Lit classes you've had. 














Night 1 did not allow us to enjoy the wonderful food served in the tents. A sausage stew and some pork dish. The mustard they had was amazing. 














Paulaner. Munchen. I always thought Munchen was pronounced Myun-hen because that's how it's pronounced in Japanese. Turns out it's pronounced Mun-chen. Still can't believe it. Should never trust Japanese people with pronunciation. It's like trusting a dingo with a baby. Not gonna end well. 














Oh....w...t...f.














Wait....but we were just sitting next to each other, talking about your kids, work and families.














Noooooooooo............

but yes?














So yeah. That afternoon turned into another crazy night. Let's just say some of my travel companions spent the rest of the night in the bathroom of this wonderful restaurant called Spatenhaus. We actually met up with SW and his SO. The meal was delicious. I think this picture is of my pork knuckle. 














Our spread of food. Spatenhaus concluded our night and our time in Munchen. Sadly, it was time to move on. Saying goodbye to SW and two of our travelling companions we were to be off to Prague in the morning.


















We took the Alix train from Munich to Prague. Took about 6 hours. I guess it was alright. It was a bit 80's Communist era-ish but nothing too bad. Definitely weren't the comfiest but in Soviet Russia seats comfort YOU. Oh wait I don't think that's how the joke goes.  














Farms of stuff.



It looks like we're close.


















and we're in Prague. Halfway through our trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment