Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pragueberfest Part 4 of

Alright I'm getting a bit sick of writing about Praguberfest. It's been close to a month and I'm still writing about it. I should've moved on to more relevant topics such as "Farting. Acceptable on the 2nd date?" or "Why do the French strike so much?" Unfortunately all you get are more pics of Praguberfest. You get a two post blitz so I can get this over with. Hope you're prepared. Here....we.....go!














Prague Castle with the Cathedral in the foreground. Blistering start to this post. Someone in my Transnational Manager class mentioned that Japanese people don't get sarcasm. Does that mean I only half get the sarcasm? Was there a bit of truth interspersed with the sarcasm? I'll never know. 














Guards ready to fight off rabid tourists. What they're guarding I have no idea.














The main plaza. I'm imagining public executions being carried out here. Or a parade. Maybe both at the same time. Execuparade. Fun for the whole family.


















Main cathedral. If I remember correctly it took approximately 700 years for them to finish the cathedral. Imagine spending your entire life working on it and realizing that you're 1/10 done. I can't even get through an essay without feeling like there's never an end and that I should just quit school and become a mime. Those people back in the day had work ethic and a severe fear of G-O-D. *lightning bolt*


















It's stained.


















Crowds of people admiring the architecture. Over here you'll see....






















Gotta admire the majesticness of church architecture. I've heard varying stories as to why churches are always  so grandiose but I just see it as a way for priests to justify their power back in the day. People are awed by the church, awed by the power of the church, awed by the power of the priest. With great power comes great responsibility. I'll leave it up to you to debate whether religion has been responsible. Ooh a theological discussion. Exciting. 


















A large silver religious thingie. I forgot what it was. Thingie sounds appropriate.


















More of the silver thingie. I think they said the thing weighed a ton. Like literally. Like no way!.


















We got all excited and mentally prepared to do this climb up the Great South Tower and then found out it cost extra. No thanks.


















The backside of the church. Flying buttrii.














All that sightseeing made us hungry. I think the SO got fish. I got the pork knuckle. When in Rome right?














View of the surrounding area.



I would never consider Budweiser special but this is special because it's the real Budweiser. Prepare to be beer cultured.

"Anheuser-Busch markets its product as "Bud" (in France and elsewhere) and "Anheuser-Busch B" (in Germany), where the beer brewed in the original city retains the rights to the name. The United Kingdom is one of the few places where both Anheuser-Busch and Budvar beer are sold under the name "Budweiser." In the U.S., the original beer from České Budějovice is sold under the name "Czechvar"."

We decided to check out this Eiffel Tower of Prague so headed off into the hills of Prague. 















Roads can't contain B-Hizzle.


















Maybe roads can contain B-Hizzle.


















Not pictured. The SO and I saving 2 euros by using the stairs instead of taking the elevator. We do physical activities sometimes. Especially when it saves us money.


























View was definitely worth it.


























You can see the Charles Bridge on the right hand side.


















The SO loves European Fanta. She says it tastes better than American Fanta. Might be time to take away her US Passport says the guy who goes to Canadian thanksgiving.

To celebrate one of our travelling companion's birthday it was decided that we go big and eat at the only star Michelin restaurant in the Czech Republic, Allegro at the Four Seasons. Since I have no idea what we were eating here you're gonna just have to enjoy the pictures and imagine the taste. 















I can tell this is scallops. Way to go me!

























The SO went to the bathroom and they were kind enough to place an astronauts helmet to keep it warm. They better be doing stuff like this for 50/plate. I was half expecting a foot massage too.


Was fiddling around with the various functions of the camera. I call it Green Shadows.
The weather the next day was spectacular so I took this picture of balls. I see flower balls with a metal pole. Is it just me that sees that? 



















The Charles Hotel. I'm assuming its fancy.


















The Powder Tower. They used to hold all the gunpowder in this tower. How it didn't blow up during its period of use is beyond me.














I don't even know what to think of this. How do you steer? Is there a dominant seat? What if you have two guys who are trying to impress a lady. Do they just go in circles without progressing? Whoever came up with this contraption clearly didn't think through the whole 2 guys trying to woo the girl scenario.






















The famous Astronomical Clock. The thing's got signs of the zodiac, sun/moon position and actual time too. This thing was made 60 years before the Spanish Inquisition and 270 years before the Salem Witch Trials. How is it that science can be so advanced yet people thought old women were witches or that only Catholicism should be allowed. Hell, if I saw the guy making the clock I'd suggest that he's a witch or that I was turned into a newt but got better.





















Inside the clock tower. We actually walked up because the elevators were taking too long not because we were cheap.


















One of the clock mechanisms.


















Vertigo inducing.














View from the top.
















In the US shots like this would not be possible because they would have safety nets or fences to keep you from throwing yourself over the side. In Europe they believe in Darwinism.














The skeleton represents Death and the passage of time. The dude in the turban is the "Infidel Turk". Not my words. Some Turk hating Wikipedia editor.

The guy holding the mirror is Vanity. "Next, a stereotypical Jew holding a bag of gold represents greed or usury." I swear the whoever wrote the Wikipedia article is a raging racist. 


















We needed a beer break so we sat down at this cafe with a great view of the Charles Bridge.














The view was great until other people decided that this view was awesome.














Thanks for blocking the view. This view is so much better.


















Okay. Feeling better now.


















We were running out of stuff to do so we checked out the Museum of Communism. Behold the glory of Communism.


















Special Russian space flight. I give you good price for authentic suit. Wear for birthdays. Guarantee boom.

The Americans weren't aggressive. They were just being excessively friendly with their nuclear weapons. 














Typical Russian factory. Labor conditions on par with those of an auditor. Windowless room full of cabinets. Asbestos included for free.

I glanced at the teaching materials and it seemed pretty basic. America is the devil. Communism is the only way to happiness. The collective good is more important than individual needs. I'd say pretty typical Commie stuff. I was hoping for more pictures of America peeing on Russia or Russia invading America. 
There had to have been 100 little figurines and statues on this one table. Of course the one I immediately hone in on is the one where the muscled worker is giving his friend a "massage".















Yeah those shelves look solid. I've seen better craftsmanship in an IKEA shelf.


















Kim Jung Il would be so pround.














They had this mortar set-up just chilling in the corner.

He is ready to kill some democracy. 














A very friendly looking interrogation room. They should've blacked out the curtains and added some fake blood and/or broken teeth on the ground. That's how you add ambiance.















Totally lacking in reality. 1) That phone has to have a dent from being slammed into someone's skull. 2) There should be handcuff marks on the chairs and 3) I don't see a single beating baton anywhere. Sheesh. Where's the realism Museum of Communism? The imaginative mind of an only child. Another reason why I'm having at least 2 kids.

For dinner.....














Thai food at Noi! Quite possibly THE BEST THAI FOOD I've ever had in my life. It was simply amazing. I asked how the hell is their food so authentic and found out they imported a chef in from Thailand. I don't know if imported is the right word. Smuggled?


A great way to end a great day in Prague. There's only one more day left! I'm done reliving this damn trip. I think I'm gonna just post pics randomly and you guys can fill in the commentary in your head. I think by now you know what my humor is like. Unfunny mixed with sarcasm? Still trying to figure out this sarcasm thing. Not? Argh!!

1 comment:

  1. Farting: Never Acceptable on a Date. Two Canadian Thanksgivings - I think you've earned the title of "Canican". I see flower balls too. Well done, B-Hizzle - this blog had me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete