Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pragueberfest Part 3 of

Aside from one minor annoyance, today has been quite the spectacular Sunday. Finally visited Milk for their brunch menu. Had an American style brunch that was actually good: a ranchero omelet, potatoes and coffee. Weather has been spectacular and now back am at the new apartment listening to 90's R&B with my roommate DJ Pep on the 1's and 2's.

Might as well talk about the minor annoyance. I've always noticed this happening, but today was especially blatant. For some reason whenever I go to convenience stores, small supermarkets or stores run by immigrants (Pakistani, Chinese, etc) here in Barcelona, and I head to the back of the store to grab some food, drinks whatever, they always send one dude to follow me and watch what I do. Sometimes they try to pretend that they absolutely need to tidy up the shelves but today the guy literally ran to the back and just stood there. Do I really look that shady? Are Asians here in Barcelona known for causing trouble? The funny thing is that the Spaniards never do it. It's always the immigrant stores that do it. I'm getting racially profiled by my own people. I'm gonna need some candy coated raindrops to make me happy again. 



Back to Pragueberfest. The day we arrived, the hurting from Oktoberfest hadn't completely subsided so we decided to keep it chill and just do some sightseeing around town.


















You can see the side of the Astronomical clock here. The streets in Prague are absolutely spotless. I could almost lick it. Almost.














Of course we were starving so we stopped by a restaurant recommended by our travel guide, Kolkovna


















Quick shot of the streets. Prague is the perfect backdrop for a movie wanting a European city. Looks so European-y.


















Inside Kolkovna. So you ask what's Czech food like?














Meat, meat, more meat. Some extra meat on the side and a bit of meat to start off.

Oh, and some potatoes and beer. And more meat.

Did I mention meat?














The castle. After the early dinner we just had we would have to save the walk up to the castle till later.














I've completely forgotten what this was. It's been one month since I got back. Holy crap it's been 1 month already.














Look at that strapping young man. This shot really brings out my small frame. Thanks SO. Great shot.














The beautiful Charles Bridge.














What is this? It's a fountain/statue of two guys peeing. Completely anatomically correct and even better their penii was made out of bronze. The statues also rotate their upper bodies+appendage left to right for maximum realism. Why is it better that it was bronze? I don't know. Bronze penis just sounds cool. 


















Marionettes are considered a Czech specialty so everywhere we saw stores hawking all kinds of puppets.


















Obama puppet and I believe a Putin puppet. Really they should have a Medvedev puppet with Putin playing puppetmaster. Link to get you up to speed with Russian politics. Yes, I am conversant in all topics ranging from bronze penii to Russian politics.  

















A little bit of lighting always enhances the mood. I also employ the same strategy for my bedroom.


















Such beautiful architecture, history and interesting shops..



Why? Why is there a TGIF in Prague. I don't want it to be always friday in Prague. Do I want some jalapeno poppers, Jack Daniels Ribs and Shrimp and a Brownie Obsession? Hmm...maybe TGIF isn't such a bad idea after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment