Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I just got back from Andorra and all I got...

was tons of great snowboarding, fun with classmates and sore muscles. The first day of snowboarding was absolutely spectacular. Great conditions only offset by 5-10 minute lift wait times. What's a weekend trip with your classmates without some apres ski. I can't remember what was more fun. The NSFW photo hunt game where you had to find the 5 differences between two pictures or commenting on the utter lack of bartending skills by the hotel bartenders. 














This is a bar with no bartenders. How is that possible? I don't know. How is it possible that Maggie Gylenhaal is a Hollywood actress?












Life is full of unaswered questions. Anyways, the NSFW photo hunt was particularly funny. What do you get when you have 6 MBA students crowded around an arcade machine trying to figure out the differences between two risque photos of scantily clad and mostly exposed women?  I don't know because I wasn't there to participate in such immature activities. I was sipping white wine and discussing the role of the IMF and World Bank in developing countries.

The conditions on the slopes on Sunday was pretty craptacular. 40mph winds, limited visibility and my body being fairly tired from the previous day. Conditions ripe for a major wipeout. What kind of blogger would I be to throw in foreshadowing like that and leave you hanging? Of course I ate it. I was going down the mountain and got thrown off balance by a Mach 3 wind gust. Murphy's Law made sure that I was going toeside so that I fell backwards down the mountain (I ride goofy) My body almost completed a backflip but my head and shoulders got in the way of the mountain and I just landed on my back. Good times.

Besides that everything was great fun. With March coming up there's really only 3 months left before everyone is off to their internships and then exchange programs. I keep mentioning it but the time is really flying by and it just makes me realize how important it is to make sure I make the most of my time here at ESADE. Pretty soon I'll be staring at some Powerpoint presentation or Excel model daydreaming about my days at ESADE and I never want to have a doubt in my head that I didn't participate enough in school or social activities. With that I just signed on to be part of a Benchmarking Task Force and am taking on a new role within the ESADE Consulting Club so I should be keeping myself busy for the remainder of Term 2 and 3. Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment