Friday, February 12, 2010

My MBA is teaching me to "lean" the wedding process

So a very painful part of weddings can be the preparation of wedding invitations. It's a monotonous process that can take hours to do especially with 180+ invitations to send out. So I've been contemplating how to go through this process in the most efficient way possible. It's been racking my brains. Not really. But my Operations class did now teach me that the batch and queue process is less efficient than a one piece flow production. 

I'm gonna organize this wedding under the principles of lean manufacturing. Seito, seison, seiketsu, seiri and shitsuke.  Call it the Toyota of weddings. I think my SO wants the Rolls Royce of weddings though. 


1 comment:

  1. Please don't post the Kaizen Blitz video. Would be kind of embarassing to share that we actually watched that one during lean class as well. :-D

    ReplyDelete