Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Test taking in Spain

Anytime something goes wrong, is delayed, or leaves us at a loss of words we usually blame it on the Spanish culture.  Today's Finance midterm was another one of those "Only in Spain" moments. Finance is one of those topics that could have ridiculously hard midterms or fairly easy ones. This midterm was no different and the lack of information regarding the difficulty level was enough to cause anxiety. I always feel that the couple of minutes before a test is handed out is one of those really tense moments in life.  The culmination of your hours of studying will either pay dividends or leave you thinking you should've just gone to a bar and drank excessively because the end result would've been the same. It's almost like you're on the precipice of a cliff. The test being handed to you is someone pushing you off the cliff. Doing well on it is like realizing you can actually fly. Doing poorly on it is realizing that you're human and you're about to faceplant with the ground thats rushing towards you at lightning speed. Can you tell how much I actually detest tests? You'd think I would just study harder so that I'd have more flying moments but I like to live dangerously. Danger is my 2nd middle name after T****i.*

*I always feel that censoring words just makes them funnier. Plus, who knows maybe the person actually was trying to write some non-vulgar phrases and some editor just decided to censor it. I love t*ts could've actually been I love tots. I mean I love tater tots. Maybe some editor decided to unleash his loathing on tater tots by censoring my words.  F**k this party could've been a partygoer trying to Funk this party. *

Anyways, so around 9:05am our teacher finally arrives and states "We've lost your finance exams" Everyone's thinking "Yes" we all pass but it turns out lost really meant forgot it in another building. How dare you play with our emotions. Damn you Penelope Cruz looking Finance professor. So we actually started at 9:30. 30 minutes delayed. I guess that's not too bad under Spanish standards. 15% unemployment is also not too bad under Spanish standards so yeah....

1 comment: