Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's not where you're from, it's where you're going

Saturday night was movie night for me. A couple of my classmates and I headed down to Gracia to check out Enemigos Publicos. I think watching movies will be my favorite way of learning Spanish due to the fact that the audio was in English but Spanish subtitles. From what I could tell the translation was pretty much spot on. 
Now what we learned during movie night was a couple of things.
1) Concessions are fairly cheap. After continually getting ripped off by the American movie theater chains like AMC and Mann, it was nice to see popcorn and drinks priced fairly. 2 euros for a small and 2.50 for a medium. The medium size popcorn was pretty big too. Definitely enough for a grown man to feel content. 
2) THEY HAVE BEER IN VENDING MACHINES. I'll let the caps do the talking. 
3) When a movie says it will start at 7:20, it will actually start at 7:20. There are no trailers, previews and commercials that take up the first 20 minutes of the showtime. I find this absolutely hilarious because nothing is ever right on time in Spain. Even if there weren't trailers I totally expected the movie to start sometime around 7:30-7:45 with no real definite start time. I swear everyone operates on this 20-30 minute lag but for some reason they are super punctual about movie showtimes.

Mr. John Dillinger appropriately stated "It's not where you're from, it's where you're going". My past is my past and is an important aspect of my life but what lies ahead beyond ESADE is what really counts. How cliche.

No comments:

Post a Comment