Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Te quiero mi carino

My blog will be my way to unwind from the day. Our classes ended at 12:30 today but after a meeting with my Career Advisor and a group meeting for our Project Management class, I didn't get home till 6:15 or so. Classes have ranged from really interesting to uhhh...interesting. The latter being my perception of the class' negative feeling towards the class. Just draw out the interesting to sound more like...iiiiiinnnnttteeerrresting and you'll get my drift.
Anyways, I started this post to write some meandering rant about accounting but I got sucked into watching this Spanish telenovela that I had to comment on it.

For those who have not watched a Spanish telenovela (soap opera) just imagine if mimes acted out a love story. Every movement is super exaggerated to emphasize the emotion of the character. Now allow the mimes to actually speak. That's what a Spanish telenovela is like. Just flailing arms, long drawn out stares or glances, and passionate embraces all over the place. It's reflective of the culture, I guess. Spaniards are known for their fire and passion. Por ejemplo, my Spanish teacher consistently would wave her arms around as though she was doing the backstroke. It's a visual smorgasbord.
Speaking of smorgasbord I need to feed myself. Another day another dolla. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment