Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Marketing Mumbo Jumbo

Fun little exercise we performed in our Marketing class today. Our professor included a huge caveat that this is by no means scientific or completely accurate but still fun nonetheless.

Name the first thing that pops into your head when asked and three reasons why you chose it.

1) What is your favorite wild animal.
2) What is your favorite domesticated animal.
3) What is your favorite bird.
4) What is your favorite fruit.





My answers were
1) Grizzly Bear
  • They eat well. (Salmon, berries, etc.)
  • They get to hibernate
  • They live in awesome environments. Alaskan/Canadian wilderness.
 2) Dog
  • Loyal
  • Obedient
  • Fun
3) Eagle
  • Awesome
  • Top of the food chain
  • Gets to live in awesome environments. 
4) Grapefruit
  • I love sour things
  • They are a fairly large fruit. More to eat in one sitting
  • Available everywhere

So now you ask what's the point of this exercise? Million dollar question of course. So.....
1) Tells you what kind of person you think you are
2) Tells you what kind of person you really are
3) Tells you what kind of person you aspire to be
4) Tells you what you want in your life partner.

Given the results of the exercise I truly apologize to my life partner. I do not consider you sour, available everywhere or large. I really don't. I promise. Stupid marketing exercise.

3 comments:

  1. that is hilarious!! more to eat in one sitting...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I picked watermelon so apparently I'm looking for someone that tastes good, is refreshing, and can be soaked with alcohol.

    ReplyDelete